Tuesday 23 April 2013

Kira Yamato G.E.M. Megahouse

Sadly, I didn't buy any figures at Supanova however, this did turn up in the post yesterday!
I have waited so many years for a proper figure of Kira Yamato! Of all the people to make a figure of from Gundam Seed/Destiny, he should have been first on the list. They made multiple figures of Lacus, Cagalli, Athrun, Stella, Lunamaria, Flay etc (NO ONE even liked Stella or Flay) Yet Kira Yamato remained lost, that is until the 21st April when finally Megahouse released a figure of him and it arrived my door step. This may not be the most stunning figure I have laid eyes on however, it is still a well crafted work of art. The tone of his skin is quite nice. I'm used to figures being quite pale unless a bootleg so having a bit of a tan in a figure is somewhat refreshing. He comes with two faces, one serious, one happier. He also has two hands. The hand in the above picture can swivel around which can give off different impressions. Birdy is also included. Twice actually, as there is a second hand with Birdy permanently attached to it and Birdy by itself. The separate Birdy and Kira's right shoulder are magnetic so it is easy to place and remove Birdy from the shoulder easily without there having to be a peg there to hold it in place. I was quite excited to find this as I have not encountered another figure which uses such a technique and in my opinion it is quite useful. The other hand with Birdy on has Kira's hand flat out with Birdy sitting in the palm of it. Overall the figure is well painted and nicely sculpted. The base to me feels a little average however there is nothing particularly bad about it, just nothing stunning either. It has the name Kira Yamato in front of his feet as well as O.M.N.I. and it's logo in the middle. I've noticed a disturbing lack of people ordering this on Myfigurecollection so I urge people to order this quickly if it's still available in stores. Send a message to Megahouse that it's okay to make male figures, especially of ones who are the main character in a popular anime series. I'm so glad to have a figure of one my favourite characters from one of my all time favourite shows. I feel as though I can rest easy now, knowing that I own such a figure.
As usual, here is a slide show of Kira Yamato. There are photos showing both faces and the different hands in different rotations etc. There are also photos of the box.


If you found this post interesting please share it with your friends. There's the option to share this on Facebook, Twitter, Blogger and even email it just below this post. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! Looks awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked both Stellar and Fllay. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well everybody needs some love I guess. But they aren't getting mine :P

      Delete