Monday 22 April 2013

Supanova Gold Coast 2013 April 20th

Okay! Here it is, the Supanova Gold Coast post!

Getting there.

Where to begin. I guess I should just start describing the day. First of all, my friends were an hour later picking me up than they said they would. hahahaha stopped in at Mcdonalds for breakfast and got the southern bbq sauce on my muffin instead of the normal. (ewwwww) Then the rest of the journey there was rather long and uneventful.

Arriving

Getting closer to the place we ran into a stop start traffic and there were a lot of road works going on as preparations were being made to build a tram line for the upcoming Commonwealth Games in 2018.
We got there about 9:45, 15 minutes before it officially started and they opened the doors. Luckily there was plenty of parking left for us. We got inside the doors after being lead around aimlessly by the Supanova staff for a while. I guess it was pretty much the same as usual. Stores of anime and other geeky stuff, there was the whole 'art gallery' section, people in costumes such as Asuna from Sword Art Online (didn't get any pictures though :(

Seeing stuff....



Unfortunately for me, there wasn't really any figures I was that interested in this time and if I was interested in them they weren't interesting enough for the prices being asked. But anyway, I ended up buying the 2nd half of the second season of K-on!! with the box on Blu Ray from the Madman store even though I guess I could have got it cheaper elsewhere (ended up leaving it in my friends car...) and I purchased a hard cover art book of Spirited Away. (which has some pretty interesting stuff!) This has made me want to collect more of the Studio Ghibli art books.

My nephew would have died if he saw this.

We went to the Madman theater to pass sometime before going to see the the Cosplay competition. My friends had a good laugh seeing Bakemonogatari due to the fact we had watched it already a few years ago. And my other friend and I had a good laugh at the dubbing of Infinite Stratos and also how the main guy for some crazy reason hated the fact that all the girls wanted to be with him.


Then we went to the Cosplay competition. It was brought to the audiences attention that the host had said fantastic a lot last year (something I somehow missed) and then all the different people came on. I had my parents camera this year armed with the Telephoto lens so I was able to get some real good shots of the cosplayers this time! Unfortunately my friends got bored of it halfway through and I ended up leaving with them. So I didn't get to see all the participants. Sadly, there weren't any really cute girls dressed up this time. At least the part of the competition that I saw. There also weren't many cosplays of characters I liked. There was however Char! Although he had forgot his mask.


Leaving

Anyway, didn't get any awesome pictures of celebrities and I this year unlike last time. To be honest, the celebrities there was mostly boring really. Wasn't that great a selection of them. Anyway, time to go. The place was closing and it was time for some more fun.

Dreamworld

We also went to the After Dark Dreamworld event they had on and got to see the view on the Giant Drop at night and we also saw the first 10 minutes of Star Trek Into Darkness that was being previewed at the Dreamworld Cinema. I must admit that the first 10 minutes had restored my faith in the movie a bit. I didn't think the trailers were that great and was disappointed after the first one was so good. I'll definitely look forward to seeing this one when it comes out. The view from the Giant Drop was awesome, all the lights were so pretty. Unfortunately I didn't bring the camera into Dreamworld so there's no pics of that. It was pretty cool seeing Anime cosplays in Dreamworld. That is something I'd like to see more of, not just at Dreamworld but everywhere!

Well that's about it. Besides the part where my friend bumped into the car in front of us (I still think he drives a manual better than I do) nothing spectacular happened on the way home. And like usual, here's a slide show!



If you found this post interesting please share it with your friends. There's the option to share this on Facebook, Twitter, Blogger and even email it just below this post. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Max wants to buy the Millennium Falcon...and then he just told me to tell you he wants you to buy it for him. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Nice, tell him he'll just have to save a long time.

    ReplyDelete