Tuesday 7 May 2013

Saber Lily Golden Caliburn Rerelease

Saber arrived the other day and I've finally been able to get around to writing this. After waiting since August and a number of delays since December she's finally here.
Well there's not much to say about it's quality except that overall it's very good. The quality control on her is very good, the paint job is great, the sculpting is great. You get the usual tiny rugged bits which are only noticeable on over inspection. I must admit there is a slight black mark just to the right of her left eye on her nose. However, again this is only noticeable when looking very close at her, it's not visible normally and only when zoomed in on the picture above.
I find I like her sheath more than the Distant Avalon version and her sword as well. The detail in the markings on them are very nice. While I would describe Distant Avalon with the armoured dress with words such as epic and amazing, I find that the difference in the clothes makes this figure more beautiful. I also find the red and white colours in the base to be very nice as well.
I don't know if it's just because it's a new figure but, I'm inclined to say that I find this figure more appealing than Distant Avalon. One thing that should be noted is that the hand which holds the sheath has a hole in the palm of it where a lug on the sheath pushes in to keep it there. This hand does not have an interchangeable normal hand like Distant Avalon. While the hole is small it may annoy some more particular people when wanting to display her without the sheath. 
Oh, and I should probably let you know that the end of the hilt on the sword can be temporarily removed so that the hilt can be slid through the grip of her hand easily. That's something that took me a few years to learn with Distant Avalon after forcing it in.

If you found this post interesting please share it with your friends. There's the option to share this on Facebook, Twitter, Blogger and even email it just below this post. Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. wao nice review man

    someday I will get her for sure
    Iam too late for pre oder last year, so i am still searching for who sell it in my country

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry this is a little late... Are you looking for a seller located in your country or someone who can ship there? I use websites like, mandarake, amaiami and myfigurecollection. You can probably find her for sale there.

      Delete