Sunday 11 November 2012

Supanova Brisbane 2012!

Well I went to Supanova in Brisbane last weekend! My friends and I ended up going on the Saturday and it was raining all day which was pretty lame because the venue has things split up in different building so we had to go through the rain to get to different sections. I also missed the cosplay competition this time. :(
The venue for the Gold Coast one earlier this year is a LOT better than the show grounds because everything is contained in one giant structure which makes finding things easier and you don't have to worry about rain. There's also toooonss of parking underneath at $10 for the day which is handy. OH! And Mcdonalds is close by too haha.
This was the Art Gallery building. Those air conditioning vents were incredible when they actually had them on.
One of the Gundam displays for the competition. I'd say this is the best one there by far. Maybe I should make an entry one time.
Some wrestling ring. Wasn't all that exciting. This was the building where they had all the stores. Hopefully next year they'll put the stores back in the regular building which is a fair bit nicer.
My favourite gundam hehe.

Anyway, it's still worth going to the Brisbane one. It's great to see all the anime merchandise on display and seeing people dressed up in their costumes and hanging out with friends even though we tend to kind of go off and do our own thing lol. I managed to pick up a large plush Totoro for my nephews first birthday and later on decided that I had to have one myself so I went back and got a second lol. I also decided to purchase the Vampire Knight Box sets that Madman sell at the conventions. I'm a sucker for collectors boxes of anime especially since Madman mostly use fatpacks now. I also got my first dakimakura of saber as well. It's amazing how much they managed to squash such a huge pillow down into a little packet. I was a bit worried until I opened it that it wouldn't actually be all that big lol. I found it interesting how I got a few comments on my Saber T-shirt because I didn't think it'd stick out much at the show. Someone even wanted a picture of it lol. I didn't take too many photos unfortunately, there wasn't really all that much that stood out that I thought needed a photo. Looking back on it I probably should have taken more general shots of stores and the venue itself. Anyway here's some of the few photos I took.


Sorry about the lack of Athrun photos, it's been raining or overcast here lately so it's taken a bit longer than I thought to find a sunny day!

1 comment:

  1. Oooooo I didn't realise you got a Totoro for yourself too! I'll have to check out your new stuff tomorrow! :-) And you should totally do a display for the competition! That would be so cool!

    ReplyDelete